Whether you are watching TV, or step out of your home, or read the newspaper - you are constantly bombarded with ads and images of junk food. Imagine watching a Cola advertisement on a hot summer afternoon! It really makes you want to go grab a chilled Pepsi or Coke, right? Similarly, the media keeps telling you that you want to eat burgers, fries, pizza, donuts etc. What does it do to your mind?
Here are a few tips on how to fall into the Junk Food trap!
- Learn how to cook. Not just the daily dal roti, but learn new and interesting recipes that can beat the crap out of a McDonalds burger! Prepare food that your family will love.
- Plan your meals in advance. If your meals are planned well in advance, you will not order food at the last minute. Give yourself ample time to prepare meals.
- Keep the fridge and pantry stocked with healthy food items. Keep cleaned and washed salad items like lettuce, carrots etc handy for your family's snacking!
- Always keep nuts and seeds handy for tea time.
- Avoid buying cupcakes and other such things. If you ever feel the pangs to enjoy junk food, do so. But do not bring any home to keep in the fridge.
- Drink water throughout the day and keep yourself hydrated.