In this scorching heat and sun, you can relax and enjoy the summer by making Kesar Kulfi at your home. Kesar Pista Kulfi (made without milkmaid) is a frozen Indian dessert just like Ice cream. If there is one frozen dessert loved by every Indian, it definitely has to be kulfi.
So, how to make Kesar Kulfi? Well, here we have the recipe for making Kesar kulfi for hot days:
INGREDIENTS FOR KESAR PISTA KULFI
>2 liters full cream milk
>120 to 140 grams sugar
>10 badam (almonds)
>10 pista (pistachio)
>Half teaspoon elaichi
>Saffron a few strands
PROCESS OF MAKING KESAR KULFI:
- Keep milk to boil and continue to boil on low to medium heat till it is reduced to ½ in quantity.
- Add sugar and continue to boil until reduced to 1/3 in quantity.
- In the meantime macerate saffron in two teaspoons of hot milk and slice almonds and pistachio and set aside.
- Now add half of sliced almonds and pistachio and boil for 5 minutes, switch off the heat.
- Let the congealed milk come to room temperature, add the cardamom and saffron, give a good mix.
- Pour in the kulfi molds, and set in the freezer overnight. You can also set them in paper cups and cover with cling wrap.
- Your Kulfi is ready for the next day.
So now you have the recipe to prepare Indian Kesar Kulfi. Enjoy the summers.