If you have been scared away from weight training by well meaning people who tell you women should not do it, it is time to change that! Have you been told that lifting weights will make you big and bulky like men? Have you been told that heavy weights might hurt your back or injure you in other ways? These are just myths that prevent women from strangth training to get fitter.
But if you are trying to get fitter or just lose inches off your waist or thighs or arms, strength training can be your best ally!
Here are a few amazing Benefits of Weight Training
1. The first and most obvious benefit is that weight training helps in losing inches by directly attacking fat.
2. Weight training helps in improving metabolism by replacing fat with muscle. This helps you in achieving weight loss goals more quickly.
3. Strength training is known to improve bone health and prevent bone loss! This is especially important for women, who start losing bone mass with age!
4. Regular working out with weights helps in improving sleep quality. You fall asleep more easily and wake up feeling refreshed.
5. Significant reaearch points to a relation between strength training and brain activity. Working out your muscles improves brain activity and keeps you alert even as you age.
6. Working out with weights is a great stress buster. It helps you clear off your mind and focus on improving your health.
There is no reason why you should not try weight training!