Age is just a number and has nothing to do with you being fashionable. However, it is important that with your growing age you take an extra effort to look fashionable. You can dress any way you like, but if you don’t want to look like you are sixteen or appear older than you are, you may like some strategies as to how to dress after 40.
Here are just some of the things people over 40 needs to be aware of to look fashionable:
1. Don’t buy clothes that do not flatter you, even if it’s the trends this season. It is important to know your body type and what fits you the best. Dress your size and you will match up to the fashion critics views.
2. Try not to be too polished. It’s nice to mix things up and be a bit more playful. Better to mix combinations of attires including a jacket with another skirt or pants and look effortlessly chic.
3. Avoid buying fabrics that are too cheap as they are usually not gratifying or will not last. Best to buy only the clothes that you love and that have a chance of lasting. Try the best quality clothes to make a model out of it.
4. Know your style. Nothing is more important than dressing in a way that pleases and represents you. If you know your style and understand your body you can break any of the rules or add items from the ‘don’t list’ as you please.
5. Wearing clothes with confidence is an utter statement of fashion and style when you wear them. Being in 40’s what’s more important than personality is confidence.
So try the above tips to be fashionable in your 40’s.