Most of us are busy with the new year resolution of working out and being fit. Even as we work on oning our abs, arms and thighs, one part of our body usually remains neglected. Our face! Even very slim and well toned people often have flabby faces. Extra facial fat is not the only problem. As women progress from middle age into the 60s, facial fat tends to thin down, the glow disappears and face starts looking thin and cheeks begin to look hollow.
All these problems can be fixed with facial exercises. Some popular exercises that are known to be effective are:
1. Fish face - Purse your lips, smile, and suck your cheeks in to make the fish face. Repeat 10 times.
2. Surprise face - Widen your eyes in surprise - do not wrinkle the forehead. Look at a point in fron t of you and count to 10. Release. Repeat 10 times.
3. Puffy cheeks - Fill up air in your mouth. Now shift the air from within one cheek to the other. Keep shifting the air till you feel out of breath. Repeat 5 times.
4. Ooh-Aah - Titlt your head backwards, stretching the muscles in your neck. Now mouth the words Ooh and Aah alternatively. Repeat10 times.
5. Chew it - Tilt your head backbards, stretching your neck muscles. Now making chewing motions with your mouth - muscle and jaw. Repeat for 2 minutes.
6. Fake smile - Lift up the corners of your mouth in a smile. But do not let the smile reach your eyes. Keep the eyes completely neutral and unaffected. Repeat 10 times.
7. Budha face - Lastly, close your eyes and relax all facial muscles. Focus on an imaginary point in front of you. Try to relax all muscles and remain in this state for 3-5 minutes.
Hope you enjoyed the facial workout!