Have you heard the term Perimenopause before?
Every woman knows about Menopause, but few have heard about perimenopause. If menopause is a stage in life, perimenopause is the way there! Perimenopause is the transition from being fertile to being menopausal. This stage will usually last a couple of years, often starting a decade before the actual menopause strikes!
Are you perimenopausal? If you think you might be, here are a few symptoms to check against.
- Dryness of the skin. You have to use much more lotion than ever before.
- Dry eyes
- Irregular periods. The monthly visit from the lady in red does not happen when you expect it. Periods can be short and scanty or longer and heavier.
- Estrogen wihdrawal causes severe headaches
- Hot flashes and night sweats become more common when you are perimenopausal
- You are gaining weight, especially around the middle.
- Your memory isn't what it used to be. You also feel too confused sometimes.
If you feel this is you, you now know what is causing this. Talk to your doctor for more information or help if you need any.