As the scorching sun sends temperatures soaring high, one things everyone loves is a tall glass of a cold icy drink. Don't we all love to sip on fizzy drinks like Colas? We love the fizz so much that we even buy our apple juice , orange juice and lemonade with fizz! But is the fizz any good for you?
7 Reasons Why You Should Not Drink Fizzy Drinks
- All soda style drinks are high on caffeine, which is linked with cancer, heart disease, hypertension and early ageing signs.
- Pesticide content is high in sodas because the water used is simple tap water without any cleaning mechanism.
- Fizzy drinks make us obese because they are high on sugar and fructose.
- There is no nutrition in a fizzy drink - it is just water and sugar with some flavours.
- Even though you are drinking a glass of water based drink, it will actually dehydrate you because of high Sodium and sugar content.
- Sodas are very harmful for your teeth because they erode the enamel and also cause plaque build up.
- Diet sodas are sweetend with aspartmae, which has been linked with cancer incidence. So even when you are trying to make a healthy choice, sodas will just not let you!
It is best to give up fizzy drinks completely and choose for organic desi style drinks. Lemonade, coconut water fresh juice, lassi etc are our traditional drinks that can be made at home and chilled for your enjoyment.