One of the most persistent fatty areas is the gut. Abdominal fat is very easy to put on, but it is very stubborn and very difficult to get rid of. You must have heard that many celebrities do a 1000 crunches a day to get those chiselled abdominal muscles. We all want those sexy abs, but doing crunches alone will not work. There are many other tips that will help you in getting there...
Tips to Lose the Big Gut
- Start your day with black coffee. Caffeine is known to boost metabolism and inhibits fat storage in the body.
- After your coffee, get an aerobic workout done before you start the rest of your day. Many people get some exercise later in the day when they have some free time. But the fact is that an early morning workout is the best at losing fat because there is no Glycogen in the body. So when you exercise, it is your stored fat that is used as the fuel.
- Low intensity or even moderate intensity aerobic workout daily will not give you the results that a varied workout regimen will. For instance, strength training must be a part of your weekly workout schedule. Similarly, interval training is known to give results that are many times better than moderate intensity aerobic exercise.
- After your exercise, get a good breakfast that will provide you ample energy and nutrition. Protein is the keyword here. The best breakfast food is eggs! Combine eggs with toast or oatmeal for some carb energy.
- Don't miss your mid meal snacks. A fistful of nuts, a grapefruit, an apple, a stick of celery etc are all very healthy snacks that you can enjoy between meals.
- Keep yourself well hyrated throughout the day. Avoid juice, drink water.
- Have some chicken with your meals. If you are a vegetarian, go for soy protein or whey protein. Make sure you get protein with all meals.
- Avoid sugar. Sugar is not only calories without nutrition, it is also addictive.
- Eat dinner early. It is best to eat your last meal around 7ish. This gives your body emple time to digest the meal and not store it as fat.
- Take a walk after dinner.
- Keep yourself stress free by identifying your stress busters!
.....don't forget the crunches! You will still need the crunches, but these tips will make your crunches more effective.