For most people in our country, dal chawal and sabzi roti is the most basic comfort food. We have grown up on rice and wheat preparations like pulav, biryani, chapati, paratha, puri etc. These food items are such a big part of our lives that it is hard to give them up. What do you do when someone asks you to give up your most favorite foods and eat just eggs and fish?
If you have decided to reduce your carbohydrate intake due to health reasons, this article is just what you need to read right now. We bring you a few ways to use cauliflower in your favorite dishes, and give up the carb.
1. Cauliflower Fried Rice: Who doesn't love fried rice? What would you say if we told you that you can enjoy fried rice without feeling guilty about eating rice? Just use grated cauliflower instead of the rice!
2. Cauliflower Pizza: This dish is becoming very popular in the West. The pizza crust is gluten free simply because it used crumbled cauliflower instead of flour.
3. Cauliflower Grilled Cheese: Again, make your bread for this yummy dish, using crumbled cauliflower!
4. Cauliflower Mac-n-Cheese: Simply chuck out t he mac from the dish and replace with cauliflower!
5. Cauliflower Paratha: This is not the stuffed gobi paratha your ma makes for you. This is the wheat-less paratha that is made from cauliflour crumble!
The good thing about cauliflower is that it is gluten free, easy to work with, and has a neutral taste. So it can easily acquire any taste you want it to! So go gobi this summer and lose a few inches!