You will be amazed at how much your environment affects your state of mind. The colour around you, is especially important as it reflects in your moods. You would not be entirely wrong if you thought red walls in your home had something to do with aggressive fights! Here is how some popular colours affect the mood and state of mind.
1. Green: This is one of the most soothing colours and is a great choice to introduce into your home decor. It relieves stress and calms the mind, so it can be used in any room of your home. The best way is to introduce patches of green that just blend into the rest of your colour schemes. You can achieve this by throwing on green cushions on your couch, a green blanket on your bed, green plants here and there, and perhaps a green wall in one of your rooms.
2. Red: A lot of red in your house does indeed lead to aggression. But if used wisely, red can be a great colour to brighten up your living space. For instance, a little red in the dining room stimulates appetite! Though red is associated with love and passion, it is best avoided in bedroom. You want your bedroom walls to inspire calm and peace and not aggression!
3. Blue: This is another colour that gives a feeling of calm and peace, just like the ocean and sky that it represents. It can be a great choice for bedrooms. Blue is a very popular colour for bathrooms also. Blue is also a great choice for working professionals, so if you have a home office - go blue!
4. Pink: It has been found in research that the colour pink affects our health in many ways. It helps you calm down after an exercise session, lowering your pulse and heart rate. It also affects muscle tone. It is not only pretty to look at, but also relaxes and calms the mind, making it a great choice for most rooms.
5. Yellow: The sunny colour can indeed add a dash of sunshine to a dull day. When used in bits here and there, yellow is a great colour to uplift mood and spread cheer. But all yellow walls give a dull effect. SO it is best to mix in patches of yellow against white walls.