Everyone wants to own a big house. But we know it is not always possible in a country like India where every inch of space is at a premium. It is easier to own a big house in Western countries, but very difficult in India. This is why it is important to make every inch count. Most people don't realise that simple decorating errors can make their house look much smaller than it is. Here are a few:
Decorating Mistakes That Make Your House Look Smaller
1. Dark coloured walls - Using a dark shade paint or wallpaper for your walls will surely make the room look smaller in size. Light shades will give an illusion of more space.
2. Too much clutter - If your house is cluttered, it will look small. So you should do a cleanup every few months, and throw out things you no longer need to create more space in your home.
3. Too mcuh decorating - If you cover every inch on the walls with paintings and other decorations, you will once again create an illusion that there is no space and the house is very small. Keep your decorations well balanced with the size of rooms.
4. Poor lighting - Dark corners of your house will make it look small. Arrange lamps and lights all around your rooms so that every inch of the room is brightened up when you turn them on.
5. Excess furniture - When you decorate your house, make sure you leave ample amount of free space in each room. Having too much furniture makes the house look cluttered and small. Only buy what you really need.
6. Buying at sale - Most decorating mistakes occur because you were looking for a deal! Buy only things (decorations and furniture) that you really need and like, do not buy things that seem to be very cheap. You will regret such purchases for a long time.
Good luck decorating!