Cancer is becoming rampant in our country today. Till a decade back, it was not considered a common disease in India, it was more common in the West. But today it is becoming so common that most families have a cancer survivor or have lost someone to cancer. If cancer is detected early, it can be cured, but usually this does not happen. This is why it is very important to know the early warning signs of cancer.
Early Warning Signs of Cancer
1. Lumps are a very common occurence that can be linked to cancer. Doctors recommend self examination of the breasts or testicles to check for lumps that might indicate cancer. A lump could also be a warning sign of bone cancer.
2. Sores that do not heal could be a sign of skin cancer.
3. Changes in appearance of moles is also one of the common symptoms of cancer.
4. A cough that refuses to go away and is accompanied by hoarseness could indicate throat cancer.
5. Unusual bleeding or discharge from any part of the body can be a cause for concern.
6. Sudden and unexplained weight loss or decrease in appetite may be a symptom of cancer.
7. Persistent fatigue, nausea, vomiting or headaches are all serious symptoms that might be linked to cancer.
8. Persistent fever, even if it is low grade, is a cause for concern.
If you observe these symptoms in a loved one or in yourself, you should seek medical help immediately.