In the Western countries, eating meat has always been a way of life. Meat, fish and poultry are things that people have eaten every day for centuries. But recently a new trend is seen emerging in the West. This is the trend of Veganism.
What Is Veganism?
Being vegan means only eating food items that come from a plant based source. Vegans neither eat poultry, nor meat, nor sea food and nor milk or milk products. The exclusion of milk and milk products is how Veganism differs from Vegetarianism.
Benefits of Going Vegan
People who have followed this way of eating for a few years swear by its health benefits. If you become a Vegan for a month and don't see any difference, it is probably because it is too soon. Give yourself at least 6 months to see some difference.
- The most visible sign of making this dietary change is loss of weight and better cardiovascular health. This is because milk and non vegetarian products contain a lot of saturated fats.
- Healthir digestive system is another byproduct of Veganism. When you eat more plant based foods, your fiber intake goes up naturally. This keeps digestive system healthy, maintains good bowel movement and reduces chances of colon cancer.
- People who complain of bloating will benefit from this way of eating. When you consume milk products, your body bloats up if you are lactose intolerant. Eliminating milk from your diet will help people with such issues.
- Vegan diet is known to reduce risk of cancer. This is because the dairy hormones in milk are linked with growth of insulin like chemicals in body that make one prone to growth of cancer cells.
- Minerals and Vitamins found in plant based food products encompass a wide rage, this is another benefit of eating plant absed foods.