Most people associate Ayurveda with complex concoctions made up of herbs, roots, barks etc. But the reality is that Ayurveda is pretty easy to get started with if you are really interested. In fact, most Indians are already aware of the ancient Ayurvedic way of living.
Here are a few tips on how to inculcate the Ayurvedic lifestyle into your daily lives.
1. Early to bed and early to rise. This is the first basic funda you need to begin with. Ayurveda basically means going natural. So late nigh movies or late night partying is not natural.
2. Begin your day with a healthy drink. Lemon tea, Honey lemon tea, warm honey lemon water, lauki juice etc are all healthy drinks that help in getting rid of toxins in the body.
3. Yoga and Meditation should be the next thing on your to-do. 30 minutes of yoga and another 15 minutes of meditation will work wonders for you.
4. Get rid of all food packets in your house. Remember you need to eat natural. So all naturally available food items like fruit, vegetables, milk, cereals etc are good. But all processed foods like biscuits, fried snacks, breads etc are best avoided.
5. Drink lots of green tea. Drink a cup of this wonder beverage after every meal.
6. Get a massage regularly. You don't need to spend millions on this. You and your partner can actually give basic massages to each other. Start with a foot massage and see how it feels.
7. Learn to breathe deeply throughout the day. It takes a lot of practice.
8. Included herbs and spices in your food.
9. Detox regularly with weekly fasts. On your fast days consume nothing but fresh fruit.
10. Spend some time outdoors every day. Fresh air is absolutely essential!