As kids we were used to a regular diet of sabzi for lunch and dal for dinner. But then we grew up and began to experiment with other things that suddenly became available in our country. We said goodbye to our humble dal roti and became fans of fast food. But it is time to change that. If we want our kids to grow up enjoying wholesome and nutritious food, now is the time to inculcate good eating habits. Are you not convinced that humble dal is good for you? Read on to find out why you should be feeding lentils to your family regularly.
5 Reasons Why Lentils Should Be A Part of Daily Diet
1. Lentils are high in fibre, so they help in reducing cholestrol. They are also good sources of Folate and Magnesium. So overall, lentils are great for good heart health.
2. The high fibre content also helps in maintaining good digestive health. It is also one reason why people who consume lentils regularly are better able to control their weight.
3. Lentils are high in protein. 26% of the calories in lentils come from protein. It is one of the best vegetarian sources of protein.
4. Lentils are also high in Iron. This is how they contribute to the supply of oxygen to all body parts and to maintaining good metabolic rate.
5. The high fibre content in Lentils also helps in trapping carbohydrates and slowing down digestion. This helps in regulating the blood sugar levels and so lentils are a great food choice for diabetics.
Convinced lentils are good for you?