Most Indian families do their cooking on the gas stove. Baking is not something we do everyday. But if you take a cue from the Europeans (and buy an oven), baking opens a door into an entirely new culinary world. We bring you one of the classic bakes dishes today. You can eat baked eggs for breakfast or for brunch.
Baked Eggs Recipe
3 Tomatoes or tomato puree
Palak leaves, chopped finely (optional)
1 Onion, chopped finely
Ginger and garlic, to taste
Salt and spices, to taste
1. Start by heating the oil in a kadai. Add the chopped onion, garlic and ginger. Fry till the onions turn golden.
2. Now add in the palak leaves and chopped tomatoes (or puree). Mix everything and cook for a few minutes till you have a thick sauce.
3. Add the salt and seasonings as per your taste and give the sauce a nice mix. Turn the stove off now.
4. It is time now to add the eggs. Crack open each egg and slowly add to the kadai. Don't stir.
5. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper over the eggs. Bake the dish in a preheated oven at 200 degree C for 20 minutes. You can increase or decrease the duration of baking as per your preference about how well cooked you like your eggs.
Serve the hot baked eggs with toasted brown break or French bread or Garlic bread. A side dish of tangy salad will also work very well for a brunch. Enjoy!