So Christmas is around the corner and your kids are all geared up for their winter vacation. The weather is lovely and this is the perfect time to enoy some home made cake. Usually we post a Christmas cake recipe on the website at this time of the year. But we realise that most people consider Christmas cake to be a difficult recipe, especially is you have no baking experience or time on your hands. So this year, we bring you a very simple cake recipe that ever someone with no baking experience can work with. This cake will turn out to be delicious and you will find yourself making it again and again, just because it goes so well with your evening coffee!
Easy Apple Sauce Cake
Flour - 3 cups
Brown Sugar - 2 cups
Butter, unsalted and at room temperature - 1 cup
Baking Soda - 2 tsp
Salt - 1 tsp
Ground Cinnamon - 1 1/2 tsp
Ground Cardamom - 1 1/4 tsp
Eggs - 2 large ones
Honey 1/4 cup
Apple sauce - 2 cups
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk together flour, powdered cinnamon, powdered cardamom, salt and baking soda in a large bowl.
3. In another bowl, whisk together honey, sugar and butter to a smooth and fluffy consistency. Add eggs, one at a time and whisk after each addition.
4. Now gradually add in flour mixture, mixing everything till combined. Beat in the applesauce.
5. Prepare your 9 inch tube pan by coating the insides with oil and dusting with flour. Pour in the cake mix and smoothen out the top.
6. Bake till a knife or toothpick inserted in comes out clean but wet. It should take around 50 minutes.
7. Take the cake out and immediately put it on a wire rack to cool. Dust with confectioners sugar before slicing and serving.