They say opposites attract, but is that the dating advice you would give your children? Dating someone who is completely unlike you can be very interesting, but is it a great idea if you are looking for a long term relationship?
When you are dating someone completely opposite of your personality, you are in for a lot of excitement. You shall both be teaching each other a lot of new things and sharing new interests. But you should also expect a lot of friction and soaring temperatures. Often the temperatures run so high that things come to an end. This type of relationship can be very exciting and also very stressful.
But there are 5 big reasons why dating someone just like yourself is a much better idea.
1. You have similar expectations from the relationship and from each other. Because you are so similar, it is not very hard to fulfill those expectations either.
2. You can be best buddies too! You share common interests and therefore will be spending a lot of time doing the same activities.
3. You don't have to pretend with each other. If you don't like cricket, you won't be forced to watch innings after innings coz he doesn't like cricket either!
4. There is not a lot of quarrelling involved if the two partners see eye to eye on most things!
5. You will actually enjoy dating because both of you are on the same page when it comes to gifts, dating ideas, romantic gestures etc. No scope for disappointments later!