We all love the winters, don't we? We get respite from the hot and humd weather for 3 months. It is very festive all around us, We love the sweet and savoury winter yummies, and we love to dress up in colourful winter attire. What's not to love about the winters? Just one thing, most people gain a few kilos in the winters. Less activity and rich food consumed during the lean months shows on our waist when the festive season comes to an end.
This is why we should all go out for a walk during the winters, ever day. But if this reason is not enough for you, here are six others!
Reasons Why You Should Go For Walks In Winters
1. You can improve your stamina with long and speedy walks in the winter without feeling too tired or sweaty.
2. Walking increases the Serotonin levels in brain and makes you feel happier. Winters can be really depressing if you stay cooped up in a blanket all day!
3. Walking improves joint sensation and joint mobility. Your body and joints need some exercise all through the year. Walking is the gentlest and most helpful.
4. Regular walking improves balance and coordination. This is a much required trait, especially in winters as most slips and falls occur in winters.
5. Walking also helps in improving appeitte and digestion. Many people find it difficult to digest food during the winters due to inactivity. So go for a walk every day!
6. Walking gives you some "me time" when you can just be with your own thoughts and without another care! It is great when it comes to bringing peace of mind.
So what are you waiting for? Go take a hike!