As we grow older, all parts of our body begin to show signs of agening, and our teeth are no different. Even if you ate less candy as a kid, your teeth will begin to show signs of decay as you grow older. Yellowing of the teeth is the first sign of poor dental health.
But fear not, coz many items that are commonly found in our pantries cn help in whitening the teeth. A few examples are:
1. Baking Soda - Just mix half a spoonful into half a cup of water, dip your toothbrush and brush your teeth. You will see whiter and brighter teeth in a few weeks.
2. Strawberries - Eating strawberries is great for your dental health. The Citric acid in strawberries helps in whitening the teeth and preventing multiplication of bacteria that cause tooth decay. You can even add strawberries to your baking soda mix for brushing to make it more potent.
3. Apples - The Malic acid found in apples, especially green ones, helps in brightening and whitening the teeth.
4. Pineapple - The Bromelain found in this juicy fruit is a great stain remover and can even help in lightening stains caused by smoking.
5. Citrus Fruit - Oranges, limes and lemons have acidic content that is great in removing stains, whitening and preventing tooth decay.
6. Banana Peels - Gently rubbing the inside of a banana peel on your teeth helps in brightening up your teeth. The peels of bananas are rich in minerals like Potassium and Magnesium. Rubbing over your teeth helps the teeth to absorb some of these minerals and improves dental health.