So you have decided to try the Oil Cleansing method for your face, what's next? Cleansing with oil is as simple as any other cleansing. You just need to know a few basics and you are all set. Let us begin by talking about which oils can be used. Commercial preparations for all skin types are available in stores. But if you want to, you can easily make up your own concoction. Here's one mix that you can try to begin with, as per your skin type.
- Oily Skin: Mix 30% Castor Oil and 70% Sunflower Seed Oil.
- Balanced Skin: Mix 20% Castor Oil and 80% Sunflower Seed Oil.
- Dry Skin: Mix 10% Castor Oil and 90% Sunflower Seed Oil.
- Start with a dry face. Rob a generoud portion of the oil into your palms to warm it up a little. Now apply to your facial skin.
- Massage the oil into the skin. As you massage, the oil will sweep away with it all dirt, traces of makeup and any other impurities. Massage deeply so that oil goes into the pores and smoothes out even stubborn blackheads.
- After you are done massaging, wait for 10 minutes. Now place a washcloth dipped in hot water over your face. Let it stay till it turns cold. Repeat again. This steaming of the skin will clean out all pores.
- Now again dip the washcloth into hot water and wipe your face clean. Repeat this step as many times as necessary to wipe off all excess oil. Do not try to scrub the oil away.
- Now rub an icecube all over your face to close the open pores.
You are done! You will love how clean and fresh your face feels after this.