Most working women have a hard time in the mornings. From preparing meals, to getting the kids ready for school, dropping them and getting to work; it is all madness in most homes where both partners have full time jobs. What suffers most due to this crazy routine is the health of women. We tend to fall into unhealthy habits due to shortage of time, and skipping breakfast is the most common example of these unhealthy habits. Here are a few things you can try to change this habit of yours.
How to Make Time for Breakfast
1. Wake up 15 minutes earlier. There are so many breakfast items that can be whipped up in 15 minutes, 10 minutes, and even 5 minutes. So just give up 15 minutes of your precious rest and devote them to improving your health.
2. Prepare the night before. So set the table with glasses, plates, cups and spoons before you go to sleep. If you need chopped veggies in the morning, do it the night before, and so on.
3. Keep fresh fruit aplenty in your fridge. If you have no time at all, just grab a banana or an apple as you walk out of the house. Something is better than nothing!
4. Stock your pantry with items that can be cooked quickly and easily. So oatmeal, cereal, eggs, brown bread, poha, rava etc should always be available for you to cook. Similarly, your fridge should always be well stocked with low fat curd, low fat milk, fresh fruit etc.
5. If experiencing shortage of time, pack your breakfast and eat it on your way to work.
6. If nothing else works, order a breakfast dabba at your place of work and instruct the provider to supply you with low fat items only as per your liking.