We all use the common baking soda in many of our recipes. But did you know that this humble ingredient can do a lot more than making your dhoklas light and fluffy? It can be used as a cleaner for your many items in your household. It can even make you more beautiful! Here are a few ways of using the Baking Soda to improve your own looks.
Beauty Uses/Benefits of Baking Soda
1. It makes an excellent foot soak. Add 3 tbsp baking soda, along with a few slices of lemon to warm water and soak your feet for 15-20 minutes. You will end up with clean and fresh feet with shiny toenails.
2. Baking soda, combined with a little water is an excellent scrub for your body. Apply this paste and use a loofah to scrub away all the dirt, grime and dead skin cells. You will love the smooth skin.
3. If your hair is all bogged down with the buildup of chemical products you use like hairspray, conditioner, styling cream etc, just add a dash of baking soda to your shampoo and you will find your hair light and gunk free in no time.
4. Baking soda paste, made by adding the soda to a little water can be used to soothe sunburns and other burns.
5. Baking Soda can even brighten up your smile by whitening your yellowing teeth! Just dip your wet tooth brush in a little baking soda and brush for a few minutes before rinsing!