Indians are slowly losing the reading habit. With the advance of technology and availability of various entertainment options, books are slowly losing out to ipads, laptops, iphones etc. Even the few people who still read books don't know much about the Indian authors, except perhaps Chetan Bhagat. Indian youth usually read books written by Westerners. This is why we bring you a lits of books wirtten by indians that you just have to read!
1. The White Tiger by Arvind Adiga
2. Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts (Australian who lived in India for a long time)
3. The Shadow Lines by Amitav Ghosh
4. Haroun and the Sea of Stories by Salman Rushdie
5. When Strangers Meet by K Hari Kumar
6. Two Leaves and a Bud by Mulk Raj Anand