Rishita sets an alarm for 5:30 am before she goes to bed. She plans to go for jogging after her morning ablutions. Then she has to fix the breakfast and pack lunch for everyone in the family. Then she has to get ready herself for work, and she has to do it all by 8:30. So 5:30 seems like a good time to start her day. The next day, her alarm promptly goes off as instruction the previous evening. She awakes partly, hits the snooze button and thinks that maybe she can hurry up through all the chores in exchange for an extra 10 minutes of sleep. She hits the snooze button again after 10 minutes, thinking that she probably doesn't have time for her jog, so she might as well spend another 10 minutes sleeping. By the time she actually gets out of bed, it is 7:00 AM and she is late for everything!
Does this sound like you?
Here are a few tips that will help you in becoming more of a morning person.
- You can become a morning person only if you enjoy your mornings. So waking up early in the morning should involve some activities that you enjoy. It could be as simple as enjoying a hot cup of tea or coffee with you partner, or listening to music, or going to the park etc.
- A glass of warm water with lemon juice is a good wake up call to body. It also gets rid of toxins.
- When you set the alarm, make sure it is far enough from your bed so that you won't be able to snooze or disable the alarm without having to get out of the bed.
- Get a wholesome, nutritious and yummy breakfast within 30 minutes of waking up.
- Share your mornings with someone. A friend, your partner, childrem, siblings, anyone who can make it more enjoyable to wake up early in the morning.