It is great to be social, amiable and friendly. But what happens when your "friendly" nature is seen as being over-friendly? When your overtures towards a stranger are seen as being a little extreme, it gets very annoying for the receiver of your attentions! But how do you know whether you are being friendly or overfriendly?
Are You Over-Friendly?
You are being over-friendly if you:
- Add every person you on to your facebook profile!
- Send Watsapp messages to ALL contacts on your phone a couple times every day.
- Offer food to everyone around you when you are travelling.
- Make small talk with every person you meet, or sit next to, or even see!
- Ask personal questions in the very first meeting with a stranger.
- Tell everyone about the little details of all your close and far off relatives!
- Answer someone's phone when he/she is not around.
- Try to check someone's messages when they leave the phone lying around you!
Basically, when you have no sense of limitations or respect for someone's privacy, you are being over-friendly and irritating!