Often we hear stories of brave Sikh women who wear their facial hair with pride, even though it makes them prone to jokes and mockery. They are brave indeed, but for most women around the world, facial hair is the most embarassing thing about their bodies and they would do anything to get rid of it.
Why Some Women Have Excess Facial Hair?
It is all about the hormones. All of us have glands that produce Androgens (male hormones) in some quantity. When this quantity goes a little high, the result is seen in the form of excess facial hair. Apart from this, certain tumours, Cushing's Syndrome and use of certain medicines can also cause Hirusitism.
How to Deal With It?
There are easy ways of getting rid of the facial hair. The only bothersome thing is that there is ano apparent permanent way to get rid of the hair. It is usually a monthly of fortnightly process.
1. Home made wax or Katori wax. All you need to do is make a small batch of wax by microwaving sugar, honey and lemon juice together. Apply on the face while it is still warm, cover with a cloth and pull off. Works like magic!
2. Use a tweezer to pluck out the hair if they are thick and sparse.
3. Use bleach if the hair is fine and light.
4. Laser treatments work best when there is too much hair and cannot be managed with tweezing or bleaching. Laser treatment will reduce the hair growth over a period of multiple sessions.
5. Losing weight is usually a big help.
6. These days, special facial epilators are also available to get rid of the hair on upper lip and chin.