Anita has never used a pressure cooker, and was amazed when she found out that her friend Diyali had used a pressure cooker to cook the bhaji for the pav-bhaji she had just tasted. Anita could not believe that anything cooked in pressure cookers could be so yummy. Like many other people, Anita also thought that pressure cookers were only for khichdi, which her family never ate!
Many people are misled into believing that food cooked in a wok tastes better because the cooking time is longer. If you are amongst such people, Memsaab brings you 5 reasons why you should leave that wok and switch to a pressure cooker immediately!
5 Reasons Why You Should Use A Pressure Cooker More Often
1. It saves time. Everybody knows that cooking in a pressure cooker saves a lot of time. This is especially important when you are working with tough ingredients like meat.
2. It saves money. Whoever said time is money wasn't lying. If you save 10 minutes of cooking time per meal, you are also saving on an equivalent amount of fuel per meal!
3. The food is more flavoursome. You've got to try it to believe it. The food cooked in a pressure cooker is more flavoursome because nothing is lost and the cooking time is short.
4. The food is more nutritious. You must have read that cooking destroys all vitamins and other nutrients in your food. Naturally, if you reduce the cooking time, the damage done to your food's nutritive value is much lesser.
5. It's hasslefree! It is much easier to cook in a pressure cooker as once you are done with the preparation, you just put the lid on and go watch your favorite soap or attend to other chores. There's no need to keep checking the food for burns or stirring it.