Normally one would associate dry skin with the cold and dry winters. But it is now common for people to have dry skin in summers also. Often people have such an acute problem of dry skin that it tends to start cracking and appears to be like wounds in many parts of the body. What causes human skin to dry up in hot and humid summers?
Why is My Skin Dry in Summers?
1. The most common reason is the air-conditioner that makes it so comfortable for you even when the sun is at its hottest and harshest! The ACs rob all moisture from the air and also from your skin, making it dry and brittle.
2. Dehydration! Not drinking enough water can have a drying effect on your precious skin also.
3. Clogged Pores also cause dryness by reducing sweating.
4. Hot showers taken in summer cause dryness of the skin. Summer is the time for you to enjoy cold water!
5. Too much exfoliation can also damage your skin and make it excessively dry.