Beetroots are exceptionally rich in nutrients, especially iron and antioxidants. But many people dislike the texture and taste of a raw beetroot. If your family does too, how can you include beet in your family's diet?
Here are a few ways to add beets to your recipes and diet.
- Beetroot salad, obviously! But if you don't like raw beets, try boiled and peeled ones.
- Beetroot biryani or beetroot pulav. Just add chopped beets with other veggies!
- For toddlers, beetroot daliya or beetroot khichdi is a powerhouse of nutrition.
- Beetroot halwa for your sweet tooth.
- Beetroot tikkis and kebabs. Add grated beetroot to your tikki or kebab mix and you're good to go!
- Beetroot and carrot juice.
- Beetroot raita. Boil and roughly mash beets or grate and boil them before adding to fresh beaten curds.