When you are couning caloris that go into your daily food consumption, 500 calories seems like "nothing"! But when you are trying to urn them off, the same 500 calories seem like such a big and dunting task. Who wouldn't like to burn 500 calories every day? The problem is to find time to do it, and to find activities that are not too challenging. So Memsaab brings you a list of activities that will help you in losing weight, without being too taxing on your time.
5 Ways to Burn 500 Calories
1. Dancing: One to one and a half hour of dancing is all it takes to burn up 500 calories. The calories burnt in an hour depends on the style of dancing.
2. Running: Running at 6 mph for 42 minutes is just enough to burn 500 calories. Not too difficult, is it?
3. Stair-Climbing: 30 minutes of stair-climbing at a pace of 8 min per mile is sufficient to use up 500 calories. So next time you step out to take a call or go down for a snack, skip the elevator!
4. Cleaning: Mopping, dusting and general cleaning activities can also burn up 500 calories, when done for a period of 2 hours continously.
5. Skipping: This is a totally fun exercise, and it burns 500 calories in just 50 minutes!