Divali, the Indian festival of lights, is just around the corner. It is customary to clean, spruce up, paint, and decorate your house for this festival. So Memsaab brings you a few tips to decorate your house beautifully without spending too much this year.
Inexpensive Ways To Decorate Your house For Divali
1. Instead of repainting the whole house, just paint one wall with a bright colour like orange or green, and the whole house will get a festive new look.
2. If you can't paint any wall, you can still bring a bit of brightness to your living room by hanging a bright coloured screen on one of the walls.
3. One easy way to give a festive look to your house is to put new bright coloured cushion covers on all your cushions and spread them around the house. If you have a Divan in your living room, get a bright new cover for it too.
4. We all have old heavy zari saris and dupattas that we will never wear again. Why not use them as bright curtains or drapes for your walls? These work really well at lighting up a dull and boring room!
5. Instead of going ballistic on Chinese made bright lights, go for Diyas and Candles this year. They are much more pretty to look at, and traditional too!
6. Don't forget the Rangoli! A lovely Rangoli outside your doorway is a great way to decorate your house without spending much money!
Easy Ideas To Decorate Your House This DivaliBy Oct 26, 2013 Sat 1:29 PM Updated: Oct 26, 2013 Sat 1:31 PM First Posted:
Follow » celebrating diwali, divali celebration, divali decoration, festival, Festival of lights, indian festival
Image Credit: Kwik Deko