The Brits are known to have poor dental hygiene and really bad teeth. Slowly, we Indians are also moving towards the same fate. The kind of processed food that we consume due to the influence of Western society, is the reason that our dental health is suffering and we require more dental treatments. One way to undo the damage of a damaging diet, is to take care of your dental hygiene and maintenance. Brushing your teeth twice a day, in the correct way, is how you can keep your teeth clean and healthy.
Do You Brush Your Teeth Properly?
The correct technique of brushing your teeth is as important as the number of times you do it. It is important to choose a good quality toothbrush and replace it every few months. But it is more important to know how to use it correctly.
1. Start by cleaning the outsides of your upper teeth.
2. Brush the outsides of your lower teeth.
3. Next, brush the insides of your upper and lower teeth.
4. Now it's time to brush the chewing surfaces.
5. Lastly, brush the tongue. This will give you a fresh breath and rid your tongue of the bad bacteria.
6. When brushing your teeth, do not use sweeping to and fro motions. The correct way is to brush in circular strokes.