Rama aunty tells Radha that she should wash her face twice daily. Sudha aunty says that this will dry her skin out so she should not do as Rama aunty says. Pallavi didi has advised Radha that her pimple will not go away till she starts using besan to wash her face. Her friend Jahnavi says that Radha's skin pores look disgusting and she should first try to close them. Clearly, Radha is overwhelmed!
The Basic of Washing Your Face
- Choose a good quality cleanser that does not contain any fragrance as that is known to irritate skin. The cleanser should be as close to nature as possible. Avoid anything with harsh chemicals and soap.
- Wash your face according to the daily requirement. There is no hard and fast rule about am or pm. Wash it if you feel unclean or oily. Don't wash it twice if you have a dry or sensitive skin.
- It is important to remove the makeup with a moisturising cream or cleansing oil before ypou wash your face. The reason is that most face wash products cannot remove makeup completely, so why not make their job easier?
- Buy a Salicylic acid or Glycolic acid based cleanser if you need to get rid of skin uneveness, renew your complexion and prevent breakouts. These really work like magic!
- Avoid using a toner, no matter how hard they try to sell it to you! If you just have to use one, buy a product that is alcohol free so that ot does not rob your skin of moisture completely!