Rising income and exposure to internaional cultures via the internet have made international travel much more common for Indians. It is not as uncommon to travel abroad for a holiday today, as it was 20 years ago. Having said that, international vacations are still much more expensive than domestic ones. So if you are planning one for your family, it would be a smart move to explore all ways of cutting expenses and saving on costs.
How to Save Money on Your International Vacation
1. Plan and book airtickets in advance. This saves you quite a bit of money. It is also worthwhile to check out the connecting flights. They do make travelling a little more uncomfortable but if you can save some money then it's completely worth it!
2. Travel light! These days most airlines charge for excess baggage, so this is something you can definitely save on. When you pack for vacation, pack really old clothes and stuff that you can easily discard and make space for your new purchases.
3. Consider renting an apartment or using a serviced apartment. This is much cheaper than hotes and possibly more comfortable and private.
4. Trave between vcation seasons and avoid too much rush everywhere. This also saves you a bit of "season excess charge" everywhere!
5. Lookout for discount coupons online for use in your destination city/country before you visit.
6. Try eating a heavier lunch and a lighter dinner. not only is this healthy for you, it can also be a money saving trick coz dinners usually cost more everywhere!
7. Avoid odering from your hotel room service if you stay at a hotel. The hotel food is usually too expnsive and rather boring! Go out, exploe the local markets and you wil surely find nice local cafes that are reasonably priced and give you the local taste.
8. Avoid using your phone. Use Skype or rent a local phone where you are.
9. Rely more on using local transport sysem and less on hiring cars or taxis.
10. Whatever you do, look for deals. Most touristy spots, arlines, hotels and other vacation related services offer deals from time to time. Find out about them and give it a go!