Alisha loves to colour her hair every few months. She is a wild girl and loves to experiment with different colours and hues. Inspired by her favorite actor Angelina Jolie, Alisha colored her hair green recently. Though she was very excited at first, she now feels that the colour doesn't agree with her wheatish skin tone and looks kind-of bad on her. She wants to get rid of it...naturally.
How To Remove hair Colour at home?
- Baking soda paste. Bicarbonate soda is a natural bleaching agent that can lighten the shade of your hair colour. Make a paste of the baking soda with your favorite shampoo. Now apply this paste on damp hair strands and allow it to work on your hair for a few minutes before rinsing it off.
- Use detergents. Laundry detergents are high in contents of chemicals that help in breaking up the dye in your hair colour. It is a good idea to wash your hair with detergent a couple of times. Just make sure that your detergent does not have bleaching agents. Also, after care is very important because the detergent can damage your hair.
- Use Vitamin Supplements. Make a paste with crushed vitamin C tablets and water. Apply this paste on damp hair strands and allow it to remain for an hour. Now rinse off. The acid in the supplements will break down the dye and a few washes should restore the natural colour of your hair.
- Hot oil massage. Heat up a little oil and apply to your hair. Cover your head with a hot towel and allow the oil to gently work its way through the damaged strands. The hot oil will progressively break down the dye and also nourish your hair naturally.
- Bleach and dye again. The easiest way, of course, is to bleach your hair. This treatment robs your hair of all its colour, and turns it mousey-blonde. Now colour it again to whatever colour suits your fancy!