Our children are exposed to favoritism and nepotism at school in a big way, right from when they start school. Therefore, it is important that they do not get the same treatment at home, from their parents. Most people don't realize it, but their behaviour makes one or more of their children feel less loved as compared to a sibling. These feelings are disastrous for the child's emotional and psychological development. So take a look within yourself and ask if your behaviour also displays favoritism among your children.
Do You Have A Favorite Child?
1. Did you conceive your first child a really long time after you started trying?
2. Do you think one of your children is exceptionally well-behaved?
3. Do you find that one of your children is extremely talented, much more than other children his/her age?
4. Do you believe that one of your children needs your support and love more because of behavioral problems?
5. Do you often tell your children to learn good behaviour from one of their siblings?
6. Do you often compare your children with each other/
7. Do your children quarrel a lot, and display feelings of jealousy?
If you've answered in affirmative to a couple of these questions, you need to evaluate your behaviour towards your children, and if possible, change it.