We all know how ugly a paunch can be and if someone casually remarks that "You have put on a Paunch", we just want to cry our heart out! Paunch refers to the fat a person puts around her belly or stomach and is one of the hardest fats to lose. Not just that, it is so easy to put on fat around the belly, that one has to be extra cautious while trying to lose weight around the belly. Memsaab as always advocates right living which means correct eating, exercising and proper rest are the hallmarks for any fitness program. Read on to know further!
1. Say NO to Sugar - If you want to lose weight around your belly, make sure that you go less on sugar and sugar products.
2. Say NO to White bread and baked products - White bread and baked products such as cakes and pastries are high in sugar. Rather you should opt for Whole wheat bread, Oatmeal and vegetables in your diet.
3. Get Enough Sleep - Not resting enough is also one reason for putting on weight. If you are getting enough sleep i.e. 7-8 hours daily, you are doing your body a great favour.
4. Try to be STRESS-FREE - This is important because if you are stressed, your body releases a hormone called 'Cortisol'. Cortisol breaks downs lean muscle (the type of tissue that burns calories most efficiently) and also holds on to fat storage in the abdominal region.
5. Get PROPER EXERCISE - If you think by doing 100 crunches, you have done enough to take care of your abdominal fat, think again. You need to get enough activity to lose fat around your middle. This means that you got to do cardio and weights. About 15-20 minutes of jogging and 10 minutes of light weights should get you started towards a good weight loss goal.
6. Eat at regular intervals - Make sure that you are eating every 3-4 hours. Having smaller meals at regular intervals keeps hunger at bay and makes sure that you do not binge eat. This helps in weight loss.
Do incorporate the above points in your life and let us know if they have made a difference to your 'Paunch'.