If you are a non vegetarian, you could do nothing better than eat fish. This is a fact because fish is not just yummy and full of healthy protein, it has many other health benefits too. If you compare fish with other forms of animal protein, fish wins the competition hands down on the "good for health" scale. Here's how:
- Helps in Cholestrol Management. People who have high cholestrol levels can benefit a lot from eating fish. It helps in decreasing the stickiness of blood and also increases the good cholestrol or HDL. It helps a lot in combating heart disease and managing cholestrol.
- Great for Hair. If you look at people living in coastal areas, they generally have very good and shiny hair that doesn't grey for a long time. It's because the fish proteins are great for the health and appearance of hair strands.
- Prevents Degenerative Diseases. People who eat fish usually do not suffer from hypertension. This reduces the risk of damage to brain cells and so does the presence of polyunsaturated fatty acids in fish. So the risk of dementia and Alzheimer's is reduced.
- Helps Fighting Prostate Cancer. A study has revealed that men who ate fish were less likely to get prostate cancer as compared to men who didn't. Fish is also known to prevent other forms of cancer.
- Fish Keeps Your Youthful Looks. Consumption of fish is known to help in maintaining good skin. It helps in keeping skin supple, smooth and wrinkle free because eating fish like Salmon has anti-ageing properties.