With rising salaries and opening up of myriad investment opportunities, Financial Planning has taken off in a big way in our country. There are many financial planners who are vying for your investment business. But before you hand over your money to someone else, you ought to ask a few questions.
1. What is your Qualification?
2. How long have you been in this business?
3. References of a few clients.
4. What do I have to pay for your services?
5. How do you keep yourself updated about changing laws etc?
6. Have you taken any other investment-specific courses?
7. Will I be able to keep a track of my investments if I no longer hire your services? How?
A few of us may find these questions uncomfortable, but these are important because it is your hard earned money that is at stake here. So go ahead and ask!