So the Navratri festival begins in about two weeks from now. This is that time of the year which we all look forward to throughout the year. The lovely weather and the merry festivities are all worth waiting for! Another thing that makes Navratri a lot of fun is the Dandiya or the Garbha celebrations. This is the communal dance form which is native to Gujarat but is practiced almost everywhere in the country during the October Navratri festival. Have you ever been to a Dandiya Raas? If not, you must try it this year. Here's how:
1. Start with preparing your body. You need a bit of stamina for this dance. Start by cutting your calories for the next 2 weeks. It will help you in looking sleeker and feeling lighter.
2. For the stamina, you could start jogging or aerobics or even dancing. 2 weeks of preparation is good enough!
3. Get yourself a suitable dress. It can be a rented chaniya-choli made especially for the Dandiya. Or you could wear a lovely bandhini sari / lehenga choli. These days even churidaar suits are worn to Dandiya so that could be a choice too.
4. If you are not sure you know Dandiya, get a class at any dance studio near your home. One or two classes are enough to learn the basics.
5. Finally, get some passes or buy tickets to a good Dandiya location in your city. Don't leave this to the last moment!
Be the one who everyone looks at, and Enjoy!!!