There may be plenty of reasons why you suffer from heartburn. But the most basic and common reason lies in your food habits. Here are a few reasons why you suffer from acidity:
- High consumption of alcohol, especially wine.
- High consumption of fried and fatty food products.
- Too much intake of hot spicy food preparations.
- Not eating enough or going hungry for long periods of time.
- Too much intake of citrus fruit.
- Too much coffee.
If acidity is a regular problem for you, just try to change these dietary habits and you will see a marked change in your digestive health. To combat acidity, consume fresh bananas, cheese products or light vegetables and buttermilk.