They say that most illnesses stem from a poor digestive system, and they are right! A weak digestive system can clog the body's insides and lead to toxicity borne diseases. But people who have a good digestive system usually boast of good overall health too. If you have poor digestion and are often constipated, here are Top 5 foods that can be of immense help.
1. Beets: Beet roots and beet greens contain large amounts of Magnesium, Iron, Potassium and Calcium. These nutrients are required to maintain the health of your digestive system and of the myscles that induce bowel movement.
2. Sweet Potatoes: This fruit is very rich in natural fibre. It is known to help with ulcers and other inflammatory diseases of the digestive tract. A simple soup is the best way to get all the beneficial effects of sweet potatoes.
3. Oats: This cereal is great for your daily breakfast. Oats are rich in soluble fibre and help in cleaning up your insides without any difficulty. Cook your oatmeal, add chopped fruit and a little honey and you've got yourself a yum breakfast that's full of health boosting substances.
4. Avocado: This fruit is the richest in fibre amongst all fruit and vegetables. The raw fat in avocados also boosts digestive activity. This is why avocados are known to be great for boosting digestive health.
5. Spinach: All green leafy vegetables are known to be healthy and great for your body. But spinach really takes the cake because it is the queen of all leafy greens. Spinach is packed full of healthy nutrients, iron and fibre.