We live in an expensive world and we constantly think about increasing our sources of income by any means. But equally effective is the strategy to "save money". If money is scare and expenses are high, you definitely want to stretch every rupee. But by being a slob, you lezt money run out sooner than it should. Every bit of laziness costs money. Not convinced? Read on to find out how:
1. Are you too lazy to turn off the lights and fans when you leave the room for 15 minutes? All that power costs money and you pay for it!
2. Car owners often renew their insurance year after year, without bothering to find out if they can get a better deal with a different insurer. Isn't this money lost due to laziness?
3. Most people let money just sit in their bank accounts, not earning any interest. If only you would make a little effort to find out about different investments options and saving schemes, your money would be working to make money money for you.
4. Ever heard of DIY? "Do It Yourself" If you did little things on your own, you could save a lot in the long term. So learn how to change bulbs, drill holes, fix nails, clean pipes, plant pots etc, and you could save a little fortune in the money you pay to electricians, plumbers and garnders.
5. Not buying home insurance is nothing but laziness. It doesn't cost much. But if you need to claim it, it certainly saves you a fortune. Imagine the costs if you lost your possessions in an earthquake, flood, fire or burglary.
6. When you shop for groceries, or clothes, do you scout a few stores before you purchase? Or do you go to the nearest store and buy without looking for deals? If it's the latter, you are spending a lot more than you need to!