Health seems to be inseperable from activity and exercise. Good health seems to be impossible to attain if you are a lazy bum who loves the television and chips more than fresh air or sunshine. Many lazy people WANT TO be active and healthy, but lack motivation and focus. How can a lazy person become healthy?
If you are lazy, here are a few tips that will help you in marching towards good health, without compromising too much with your lifestyle.
1. Get Active Without Exercising: There are other ways of becoming active apart from gymming or running. A very simple, inexpensive and non-tiring way is to include bits of activity into your daily life. So walk to the grocery shop instead of taking out your car, climb the stairs instead of taking the elevator, avoid the escalator at the mall etc. Doing the dishes yourself and taking a small walk after lunch at work are other ways of inculcating little bits of activity into your otherwise lazy life.
2. Healthy Snacks To Munch: Most lazy bums are in the habit of grabbing a bag of fries or chips while hogging the couch and watching TV. Keep your kitchen cupboards and refridgerator stocked with healthy options to avoid this unhealthy snacking. Dry bhel mixture, fresh fruit, salads, roasted gram, peanuts, nuts, muesli, digestive biscuits etc are a few healthy options which should replace the bags of fries in your kitchen.
3. Adopt A Dog: If you get a dog as a pet, you will immediately boost your activity levels and have a lot of fun doing that. Taking a dog out for a walk is so much fun and you won't even realise that you have been running around with the dog!
4. Stock The Fridge Well: Many health conscious people have a real smart idea that you could use. Cook big batches of meals during the weekends and stock up the freezer with them. On a work day, when you get home in the evening, all you need to do is take out a meal, microwave it and serve! Ready-made-meals, made at home!
5. Sleep Well: Proper rest is very important to keep the metabolism going. So get adeqaute sleep every night and have a proper breakfast every morning. Even the laziest people can certainly do this!
6. Dance Away Those Blues: Dancing is a gret activity that can be enjoyed without feeling tired or bored. If you have the slightest interest in dancing, join a class and start immediately. Lose calories, have fun and prepare yourself for the feast at home!