It takes real determination to keep going at an exercise routine. But if you've gotta lose a few kilos, you've gotta maintain focus. Have you ever felt that your exercise routine is not giving the results it should? Do you feel that you are not gaining anything out of your exercise program? Here are a few tips that will help you in getting the most from your workout. You may find that the results of your workouts have been limited due to an error on your part!
How To Make The Most Of Your Workouts?
1. Have a snack 40 minutes before you exercise. It is very important that your muscles have energy to spend when you start to exercise them. If you wake up hungry and immediately go for a workout, you will find your body lacking in strength. This affects your focus and hence gives poor results.
2. Sleep well. The importance of proper rest and sleep cannot be stressed enough. If you workout while feeling sleepy, you may end up being sloppy and hurting yourself. On the other hand, if you are well rested with 8 hours of sleep, you will be able to devote full attention and energy to your workout.
3. Turn The Television Off. Many people enjoy watching TV while working out. But if you observe carefully, watching TV affects your posture and technique while exercising, usually in a bad way. It also takes your attention away from the workout, making it less effective.
4. Introduce variety in your workout. If you always follow the same routine, boredom is inevitable. When you get bored, you will quit. So to avoid that, try to introduce variety in your workout. You could jog in the park, go for a long hike, do yoga, lift weights, swim or play any sport on different days of the week. This will keep you occupied and interested in what you are doing, besides giving great results.
5. Always warm up and cool down when you exercise. It is very important to warm up properly to prepare the body for the workout. Similarly stretching your muscles and cooling down is important after workout in order to avoid injuries. So try to keep aside 5 minutes for each of these activities.