Have you suddenly hit a weight loss plateau? Are you not losing weight in spite of your best efforts? Here's some information you may find useful.
6 Reasons why You May Not Be Losing Weight
1. Either Or: Weight loss is not a result of either exercise or dieting. It comes as a result of combined efforts directed at eating well and getting enough exercise.
2. Not Sleeping Well: Getting proper and enough sleep is very important to remain fit and healthy. A good night's sleep helps in boosting metabolism by breaking the fast. It also keeps us from snacking in the middle of the night!
3. Not Knowing Your Body Signals: Often people mistake thirst for hunger. Try to recognize your body's signals. If you feel hungry, drink a little water first. You may find that you were not hungry after all!
4. Bad Choice Of Friends: If you hang out with lazy people, you are bound to turn into a lazy bum yourself, doing nothing besides watching TV and snacking! Try to make friends with people who are active and follow a healthy lifestyle.
5. Thinking Short Term: If you assess the long-term benefits of resisting the ice cream and the short-term benefits of eating it, you will realize that you don't really need to eat it. But do you really think long term when faced with such temptation?
6. Too Much TV: Staying indoors and watching the telly makes you fat. It increases the chances of mindless snacking. It also exposes you to countless commercials of foods and drinks that are bound to make you want to have them. And these food items are fattening! So give the TV a rest and start going out more often!