There is nothing as Indian as the smell of fresh garlic tadka frying in a pan for the dal. Yes we love the taste and smell of garlic in our food. Indian cuisine makes great use of this spicy additive in both vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. But did you know that eating garlic is also very good for your health?
5 Reasons Garlic Is Good For You
1. Regular consumption of garlic is known to decrease the level of LDL (bad cholestrol) and increase the level of HDL (good cholestrol) in the body.
2. Garlic induces the production of insulin in the body. This means it regulates the blood sugar indirectly and helps in controlling diabetes.
3. Garlic has anti-tumour qualities which obstruct the growth of cancerous cells. Sulphur compounds called Ajoenes, found in garlic are known to be effective in reducing tumour size.
4. Garlic has known anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal qualities. In short, it prevents sickness and boosts immunity.
5. Garlic may have a pungent smell, but it purifies the blood. So it is great for your skin!