Your doctor tells you that you should not be eating "this" or "that" because you have a Blood Pressure problem. Sometimes it may seem like you have to give up a lot of your favorite foods just to maintain the BP. But did your doctor ever tell you about the foods you should be eating to correct a Blood Pressure disorder? Here are Top 6 foods that will help you in lowering your blood pressure.
Top 6 Foods That Lower BP
1. Banana: The fruit for the poor is not only affordable, but also packed full of important nutrients. The Potassium in Bananas helps in lowering the blood pressure.
2. Garlic: The wonders of this spicy food item never seem to end. A little garlic every day can prevent clotting of blood vessals and thickening of blood. It regulates the blood pressure and is a must-have!
3. Beans: If you are a Rajma-Chwal fan, here's good news for you. Kidney beans, Lima, Black beans...they are all full of Potassium and Magnesium. So get your heart and tummy full of these great beans to lower your Blood Pressure.
4. Tomatoes: Lycopene in tomatoes is also known to regulate the blood pressure. One thing you need to remember is that cooked tomatoes are a better source of Lycopene than raw ones.
5. Broccoli: This super food is also rich in Potassium and thereby great for your blood pressure problems.
6. Spinach: Spinach is another wonder food, which is why Popeye would always have loads of it! Spinach is packed with Magnesium, folate, iron and vitamins. So get your daily dose which will help in reulating your BP.