If you had to choose between the two, what would you choose: sleeping or eating?
If health experts are to be believed, you make a choice everyday. Have you noticed that when you eat heavy meals or certain foods late in the night, they keep you awake till late? Though we are brought up to believe that a hungry person cannot sleep, the truth is actually quite the opposite. A person who has overeaten has much more difficulty in sleeping than a hungry person.
If you have difficulty in falling asleep, here are a few "foody" things you could try:
1. Avoid spicy or heavy calorie laden food too late in the night.
2. Try to eat at least 2 hours before your sleeping time.
3. Avoid caffeine based drinks in the night. This means no chai-coffee-thanda before going to bed.
4. Alcohol intake should be kept in control. It does put you to sleep rather quickly, but the diuretic effect wakes you up in the middle of the night.
5. If you need a warm drink to put you to sleep, try a herbal tea with lemon and honey, or plain old milk.
6. If you have to have a mid-night snack, keep it light and simple. A fruit or a little bowl of cereal should be enough.
These tips will help you in improving your sleeping habits and pattern. Plus, they will do good to your body and health!